Access to Language (AtL) Parent Navigators are here to partner with you and help you on your journey to language and literacy.
To ensure ALL families receive support to shorten their journey from first failed hearing screen through enrollment into hands of Early Interventionalist
Who We Are
Our Parent Navigators are caring, experienced, knowledgeable individuals ready to join you on your journey.
What We Do
- Explain what happens next
- Connect you with a pediatric audiologist/ENT
- Ensure your audiological appointments are scheduled in a timely manner
- Arrange transportation to and from child’s audiological appointments (as needed)
- Offer guidance and answer questions, providing information you need to make informed choices:
- Guide you to financial resources
- Walk you through tricky insurance scenarios
- Teach you about the importance of communicating with your baby
- Connect you with other caregivers on a similar path
- Make referrals to programs for children who are deaf or hard of hearing
- Empower you to take the lead
Who is Eligible?
Any parent or caregiver in the state of Georgia with a child who has failed their Newborn Hearing Screening